So many elements must come together for an event to be successful. Catering is one very important element which contributes to the success, or ultimate failure of an event.
How many times have you heard people remark that everything about a wedding, party or corporate event was fantastic, apart from the food? If you are planning on holding an event in the near future then this article is just for you.
How can you make your event stand out when it comes to catering? Catering trends are just like fashion, things come into season and other things go out. At the moment grazing, sharing and bowling (we are not talking about 10 pin bowling here folks) are the in-thing.
Very suited to the corporate function market where there is need to get people eating as well as networking, setting up “grazing stations” allows you to achieve both (talk about multitasking).
Space is usually at a premium hence using the Banquet in Bowls (B.I.B) stands is an ideal space saver. Providing a selection of world foods to choose from, your guests can meet, eat and mingle. Dishes on offer include the following:
- A taste of Italy featuring tomato basil & mozzarella kebabs, baby focaccia Ciabatta among others
- A Spanish twist with dishes such as tortilla, Serano ham & melon plus the favourite albondigas (hot meatballs in spicy tomato sauce)
- The Greek inspiration (Greek Meze) the tasty hummus, tzatziki, feta, olives plus more
- Flavours of the East, mainly seafood dishes such as roasted salmon skewers, gefilte fish balls, and mini bagels with smoked salmon cream cheese & capers
- Closer to home with mini Cornish pasties, Cocktail Steak & Ale Pies or chargrilled chicken skewers
These space saving catering ideas can also be applied in 3 course meal settings. Ideal for charity auctions and other networking events, seating can be set to a minimum to increase the number of guests.
For starters, a successful dish would be the wild mushroom Fricassee with toasted brioche fingers, light on the palate but flavoursome too! A chump of lamb on a bed of crushed potatoes with Port and Rosemary jus is a great follow up dish to a winning starter.
The stylish and practical presentation ensures the bite sized servings are easy to eat on your feet. To top it all off a dessert of the classic summer berry fruits Eton mess brings the dining proceedings to a delightful end.
There are so many other catering ideas to help make your event successful, whether you are looking for wedding or private party catering.